Who we are
WetAndHard is operated by Woome LP, a company registered in Scotland at Summit House, 4-5 Mitchell Street, Edinburgh, EH6 7BF, Scotland, United Kingdom and company number SL14353.
WetAndHard has designated a Data Protection Officer and they can be reached by emailing DPO@WetAndHard.com or by post at the address above.
What information does WetAndHard process?
WetAndHard is a meeting place for adults, and we provide that service by operating a social network site offering users the opportunity to connect to our global community of users. By joining WetAndHard, you enter a legal agreement with us and we process your data in order to provide your service under the terms of that agreement. You can only become a member of WetAndHard or use its features if you’re aged 18 or over or the age of majority in the country in which you reside if that happens to be greater than 18.
To join the WetAndHard network you will have to complete our online registration form, where we may ask you to provide us with information about you such as your name, your email address, your gender, your date of birth, your location details. You also have the opportunity to provide other details about yourself, but these are optional. Because you control your user profile, these details are available to you at any time by accessing your “Profile” page, which gives you the chance to correct or update (other than your gender) your information at any time by just logging in to WetAndHard. You can contact WetAndHard’s Customer Support Team at our Feedback Page to change the gender on your profile.
Please be careful about posting sensitive details about yourself on your Profile such as your religious denomination and health details. While you may voluntarily provide this information to us when you create your Profile, including your sexual preferences and ethnic background, there is no requirement to do so. Please remember that photographs that you post on WetAndHard may reveal these kinds of sensitive personal data. Where you do upload and choose to tell us sensitive data about yourself, you are explicitly consenting to our processing your information and making this public to other users.
For safety and security and to ensure you have the best possible user experience, we require users to verify their accounts and might ask for your phone number. We want to make sure you are not a robot! And we also want to avoid fake WetAndHard accounts being created which can be used for malicious activities and cyber crime – they threaten the WetAndHard network and spoil things for everyone. We use a third party provider for account verification who will keep your phone number for up to 90 days for fraud identification purposes across a range of online platforms and services like WetAndHard’s. We collect and use your phone number on the basis of our legitimate interests identified above and for the prevention of fraud.
If you decide to purchase any of our premium services, we will process your payment information and retain this securely for the prevention of fraud and for audit/tax purposes. Under data protection law, it is necessary for us to collect and process this payment data to enable us to perform our contract with you and our ongoing retention of this data is justified by our legitimate interests set out above.
Finally, we want to keep in touch with you to make sure you know about the great promotions and offers we have available. If you’ve told us it’s OK, we will use your email address and phone number to send you information on these. You can withdraw this consent at any time via Settings in the app or website.
What does WetAndHard collect about me if I use the mobile App?
WetAndHard offers you the opportunity to stay in touch with the friends and contacts you’ve made no matter where you are. You can do this by using your mobile phone that allows you to share your location with other users.
When you use your mobile application, we will collect information about WiFi access points as well as other location information about your longitude and latitude. That information helps us identify your physical location so that it can be displayed and shared with other members choosing to view “nearby” posts.
If you have enabled location services, but wish to turn it off, you can do so by the following methods:
- iPhone app — settings, privacy, location services, WetAndHard
- Android — profile, privacy, off
What is the legal basis that allows WetAndHard to use my data?
We are only permitted to use your data when we have a lawful basis to do so.
- Name, email address, date of birth, location - Contractual necessity
- Optional information that you choose to provide in your profile, which may include information about your sexual preferences, religion, ethnic background, photos etc. - Consent
- Phone number - Legitimate interests – it is in our legitimate interests to ensure that accounts are not set up fraudulently and to safeguard users of the site
- Payment card details - Contractual necessity and legitimate interests – we have a legitimate interest in receiving payment for our premium services
- Demographic and location information - Legitimate interests – it is in our legitimate interests to target advertisements.
- Email address and mobile phone number - Legitimate interests – it is in our legitimate interests to promote our products and services
- Wifi access points and location data when you use the mobile app - Consent
- Device ID - Legitimate interests – it is in our legitimate interests and the interests of third party advertisers to deliver advertisements to you to promote their products
- Log and usage data, including IP address, browser type, referring domain, pages accessed, mobile carrier and search terms - Legitimate interests – it is in our interests to analyse the way in which users are accessing and using our services so that we can further develop the app and improve the service
- Email address and IP address - Legitimate interests – it is in our legitimate interests to respond to your queries to ensure that we provide a good service to users and troubleshoot problems
How long will WetAndHard keep my data?
We keep your personal information only as long as we need it for legitimate business purposes (as set out above) and as permitted by applicable law. To protect the safety and security of our users on and off our services, we implement a safety retention window of three months following account deletion. During this period, account information will be retained although the account will of course not be visible on the services anymore.
In practice, we delete or anonymise your information upon deletion of your account (following the safety retention window), unless:
- we must keep it to comply with applicable law (for instance, some “traffic data” is kept for one year to comply with statutory data retention obligations);
- there is an outstanding issue, claim or dispute requiring us to keep the relevant information until it is resolved; or
- the information must be kept for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud prevention and enhancing users’ safety and security. For example, information may need to be kept to prevent a user who was banned for unsafe behaviour or security incidents from opening a new account.
What information does WetAndHard collect about me if I’m under 18?
WetAndHard does not knowingly collect any information about or market to children, minors or anyone under the age of majority. If we become aware that a child, minor or anyone under the age of 18 has registered with us and provided us with personal data, we will take steps to terminate that person’s registration and delete their Profile information from WetAndHard. If we do delete a Profile because you violated our no children rules, we may retain your email and IP address to ensure that you do not try to get around our rules by creating a new Profile.
Under UK and EU law, you have the right to lodge a complaint with data protection regulators. WetAndHard has its main office in the UK and the Information Commissioners’ Office (ICO) is our lead regulator. You can find out how to raise a concern with the ICO by visiting their website at www.ico.org.uk. If you’re within the EU, you may also get in touch with your local Data Protection Regulator who may liaise with the ICO on your behalf.
You have a number of rights under European Data Protection law if you are an EU citizen.
- Right to be informed: what personal data an organisation is processing and why (this notice).
- Right of access: you can request a copy of your data.
- Right of rectification: if the data held is inaccurate, you have the right to have it corrected.
- Right to erasure: you have the right to have your data deleted in certain circumstances.
- Right to restrict processing: in limited circumstances, you have the right to request that processing is stopped but the data retained.
- Right to data portability: you can request a copy of your data in a machine-readable form that can be transferred to another provider.
- Right to object: in certain circumstances (including where data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests or for the purposes of marketing) you may object to that processing.
- Rights related to automated decision making including profiling: there are several rights in this area where processing carried out on a solely automated basis results in a decision which has legal or significant effects for the individual. In these circumstances your rights include the right to ensure that there is human intervention in the decision-making process.
If you want to exercise any of your rights listed above please visit Feedback Page or email us at DPO@WetAndHard.com.
How does WetAndHard protect my personal data?
WetAndHard has implemented appropriate security measures to protect and prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control, including your personal data. Our technical experts at WetAndHard work hard to ensure your secure use of our site. While we take reasonable precautions against possible security breaches of our website, member database and records, no website or internet transmission is completely secure and we cannot guarantee that unauthorised access, hacking, data loss, or other breaches will never occur. We urge you to take steps to keep your personal data safe (including your password) and to log out of your account after use. If you lose your password or give it out, or another service provider that you use suffers a data breach and you have used the same credentials with that service provider as you have with WetAndHard, your personal data may be compromised. If that happens, please report it to Support via our Feedback page.
Where is my personal data kept?
We want you to be able to access WetAndHard wherever you happen to be in the world. To enable us to provide that service, we operate a global network of servers including in the US and EU. The hardware is located in third-party data centres but is owned by WetAndHard.
Does WetAndHard use my personal data for any other purpose?
What are ‘cookies’ and what ‘cookies’ does WetAndHard use?
We collect information by placing cookies on your computer or mobile. A cookie is a piece of text stored on your computer or mobile by your web browser. They are basically a tool that stores information about website visits, recognises you and your preferences each time you visit WetAndHard, and ensures site functionality and enables us to provide the services our members request.
When you visit the publicly available sections of WetAndHard, a session ID cookie is placed on your computer that only lasts while you’re visiting. We also place persistent cookies (also known as local storage devices) on members’ computers, so that WetAndHard remembers them and makes their login experience faster and easier. We may use persistent tracking cookies on your mobile device, mainly for security protection purposes, such as to prevent phishers, scammers, unauthorised login attempts, and to help you access your hacked account. We do not use any information whilst you are logged off.
You may set your browser and your mobile settings to block cookies and local storage devices, but if you do so, you may not be able to access the features that WetAndHard offers.
- those that are strictly necessary to deliver the services and products you have requested, such as, for example purchasing WetAndHard Premium;
- cookies related to the performance of WetAndHard’s site, such as analytics that help us determine how our site is performing and ensuring a smooth and trouble free experience for our members and visitors;
- cookies related to the functionality of WetAndHard’s site, such as remembering your preferences at login or your preferred language or allowing you to chat, add photos and instant message WetAndHard members;